The Flare Fireplace frameless design directs the heat from the fireplace into the fireplace chase to be released from the top heat release. The design allows for relatively low temperature on the external wall above the fireplace.
- A TV may be installed no lower than 11 inches from the top of the glass on the fireplace.
- The TV must be recessed or protected by a mantel when installed on the wall above the fireplace.
- It is recommended to double wall the area behind the TV to allow cables and other related material to be installed with less concern of blocking hot air flow. Use non-combustible material for double wall.
- Please note that electric wiring used for the television must be insulated when installed below non-combustible line. Wires should be inserted to the recess from the top or sides (in order to avoid proximity to the fireplace vent).
- It is critical that wiring insulation does not obstruct the hot air flow from going to the top part of the chase to be released back to the room. All wires MUST be secured and anchored to the frame to prevent any possibility of wires dropping on top of the Fireplace.
Please note that most television manufactures and manuals will instruct the owner not to install television above or near a fireplace. Mounting a television above the fireplace is based on the owner’s decision and responsibility.
See our manual for further information and guidelines.